Peach, Tomato, Corn and Arugula Salad with Sweet Red Onion – 1st Place CCC 2011!
2011 Customer Cooking Contest 1ST PLACE WINNER!
submitted by Laurie Cochran
6 ripe peaches
1 large or 2 medium heirloom tomatoes
2 ears super fresh sweet corn
1 homegrown sweet red onion
Honey Vinaigrette Ingredients:
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove the corn kernels from the cob
2. Peal the peaches
3. Cut the tomatoes and peaches into large bite size pieces
4. Using a mandolin, slice the onion very thin. Cut each slice in half into ribbons.
5. Gently toss the corn, peaches and tomatoes together
6. Place beds of arugula on 4 plates
7. Spoon the peach/tomato mixture in the center
8. Top with onion ribbons
9. Spoon a small amount of vinaigrette over each salad
Makes 4 servings.