Bethany’s Awesome Portuguese Kale Soup
– 1 daisy ham (round, small) OR 1 lb. ham steak
– 1 package linguica (1 lb)
– 1 package chorizo (1 lb)
– 1 to 2 lbs. cubed stew beef
– 2 or 3 potatoes, roughly chopped
– 1 large onion, roughly chopped
– three 15-oz. cans red kidney beans
– three 15-oz. cans light kidney beans (or white cannellini beans if desired)
– LOTS of fresh Kale (at least 2 bunches), destemmed and roughly chopped
– a few green cabbage leaves, roughly chopped (optional)
– Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning to taste (yellow top)
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop ham, linguica, and chorizo into bite-sized pieces.
2. Place meat (including stew beef) and onion in the bottom of a large pot and cover with some water. Simmer for about an hour. Add Mrs. Dash seasoning, salt and pepper if desired.
3. Rinse and drain beans, and add to soup.
4. Add kale leaves and cabbage (if using). Bring back to a boil, and add some more water. Boil for a half hour.
3. Add potatoes. Make sure water is 2 inches higher than potatoes in pot and boil another half hour or until potatoes are done.
Serve with Portuguese Pops (rolls) and Enjoy!