2010 Apple Pie Contest Winner – Macintosh Apple Pie
Volante Farms Apple Pie Baking Contest
FIRST PLACE – Kim Carey
– 6 cups MacIntosh apples – peeled and sliced (I usually heap more)
– ½ cup Gingersnap Cookies, crushed
– ½ cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
– ¼ cup Melted Butter
– ½ cup Sugar
– ¼ cup Brown Sugar, packed
– ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
– ¼ cup Maple Syrup
– 2 pie crusts (I used prepackaged Pillsbury crust – refrigerated NOT frozen)
- Combine all dry ingredients except for the apples and maple syrup in a medium bowl.
- Roll out 1 pie crust and place in the bottom of a pie plate.
- Add ½ the sliced apples.
- Cover with ½ the mixture.
- Add remaining apples and cover with the rest of the mixture.
- Place other pie crust on top and crimp all the edges.
- Cook pie in oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Before pie is finished, boil the maple syrup.
- Remove pie from oven and brush maple syrup on the top of the crust.
- Bake another 15 minutes at 375 degrees.